The Love languages of God
The summary of all the commandments: Matthew 22:37-40 ‘YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD …
How do we get back our first love?
- When you SHOW love, you begin to FEEL love. Start building it with demonstrations of love.
1 John 4:10-19 Abiding in His love – making it a daily practice…
- The way we receive the love of God determines whether we CAN love Him back
- If we fail to receive that love, we will always fail to give it.
Q: How does GOD like to be loved? The same ways He loves us!
- Priorities are reflected by what we actually do with our time and resources, not what we intend to do.
Acts of service: responding by faith to the voice of the lord, doing good deeds
John 14:21 “He who has My commandments and keeps them is the one who loves Me; and he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and will disclose Myself to him.”
John 15:13 “Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends.
Gifts: Practical love demonstrated through sacrifice of things
Deuteronomy 16:16 “Three times in a year all your males shall appear before the LO your God in the place which He choose …and they shall not appear before the LORD empty-handed.
Matthew 6:21 for where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
Quality time: fasting and prayer, meditation on his word in his presence
Psalms 84:10 For a day in Your courts is better than a thousand outside…
- Abiding…aware of His lovingkindness ALWAYS
Physical affection: all the positions of worship
Psalms 32:11 Be glad in the LORD and rejoice, you righteous ones; And shout for joy, all you who are upright in heart.
- Rejoice [giyl/ gul] – to spin around
Zephaniah 3:17 “The LORD your God is in your midst, A victorious warrior. He will exult over you with joy, He will be quiet in His love, He will rejoice over you with shouts of joy.
Psalms 95:6 Come, let us worship and bow down, Let us kneel before the LORD our Maker.
Words of affirmation everything said in prayer and worship
Taiah: Read me the words in black, daddy