The Languages of the Spirit
Learning to speak God’s language:
- Jesus began by incarnating into our world – He meets us where we are
- From there out, He look for us to learn HIS ways and languages
- Prayer – must become a dialogue, learning to listen AS important as learning to speak our needs
- He has given us tools and revelation to help:
- His written word how we keep from being deceived
2 Timothy 3:16-17 All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work.
- Reading His book is the best way to get to know the author
- Start with Gospels à Study scriptures from messages
- Nothing wrong with using prepared food…so long as you begin to learn to cook for yourself
- his voice brings peace: An undivided heart is one which hears and DOES the word of God
Isaiah 55:12 “For you will go out with joy And be led forth with peace; …
- God is not the author of confusion!
- Most confusion is the result of us fighting God to get our way.
Psalms 37:3-5 Trust in the LORD and do good; Dwell in the land and cultivate faithfulness. Delight yourself in the LORD; And He will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the LORD, Trust also in Him, and He will do it.
- When we delight in Him, and HE is meeting the desires and needs of our heart, we can trust that we are hearing HIS voice!!!
- The church We discern His will together
- The Power of agreement: others will discern our blind spots, areas of deception
- That you might comprehend together with all the saints…
- The Spirit – without and within Our built-in guide to knowing the voice of God
Ø My sheep know my voice
John 16:13-14 “But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come. (14) “He will glorify Me, for He will take of Mine and will disclose it to you.
Romans 8:26-27 the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words; He intercedes for the saints according to the will of God.
- The Holy Spirit communes with our Spirit to help us discern the will of God.
THE baptism of the Spirit
1 Corinthians 14:4…14-15 One who speaks in a tongue edifies himself… For if I pray in a tongue, my spirit prays, but my mind is unfruitful. What is the outcome then? I will pray with the spirit and I will pray with the mind also; I will sing with the spirit and I will sing with the mind also.