Isa 54:1-3 your descendants will possess nations
the sons of the desolate one will be more numerous…because they will birth generations of faith
When any one man or woman in any generation lays hold of God’s vision for generations yet unborn, that one will release the greatest power in nature – the power of seed. In the end, such a one will have a greater effect on history than the ones who make the news.
the wise man looks at a seed and sees the tree within. the man of vision sees the grove within the seed which will come generations later.
“…I don’t want you to produce seedless fruit”
- Made from cuttings from a tree/ vine – can only produce clones of the original, and requires constant work/ replanting – completely dependent on the farmer!
- Biodiversity is gone – each generation risks being the last one!
seedless fruit gets produced when a person (or a church) has a vision to build something great in the eyes of men. it may grow large and look impressive, but it will not endure.
If you don’t mature in God and fulfill your own commission, your ministry ends with your life.
Luke 17:20-21 … the kingdom of God is within you.” (NKJV)
- The Kingdom of God is within you – cultivate and care for the embryonic Kingdom within and you will bear fruit!!!
Part of the good news is that life is no longer a race to the finish – to do as much as we can to build up OUR Kingdoms and destinies. the fear of death is gone and we are freed to think generationally.
2 Sam 7 David’s great promise
David – prone to self-aggrandizement
1 Sa 17:28 … I know your pride and the insolence of your heart, (NKJV)
1 Sam 25:22 “May God do to the enemies of David…”
the only thing better than adversity, to see what lies in the heart of a man, is power.
2 Samuel 24:9 Counted his standing army of 1.2M men. From 300 in the wilderness. What achievement!
2 Sam 5:11-13 David builds a palace for himself first with Tyre’s help…
Later David repented when He saw His “house” was greater than God’s house
2 Sam 7:1-2 I dwell in a house of cedar, but the ark of God dwells within tent curtains.
3-16 your throne shall be established forever.
When David determined to cease from building his own kingdom, and to build a house for God first, God replaced his kingdom with a dynasty.
- When we seek First the Kingdom of God, He always gives us FAR more than we ever sacrificed!
- William Penn – gave everything for a nation to be born from the seed of his life and dream – three generations later!
So what is the goal of your life? do your dreams tend to be centered around what you will accomplish, or around how others will benefit from the dreams you fulfill?
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | RSS