John 10:1-15 I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly.
if our experience of God cannot be described with words like, “Alive, flourishing, ecstatic, thriving, exciting,” then something is lacking in our walk (and it is not on God’s end of the relationship).
v.10 The thief – comes to steal, kill & destroy – if that’s been your experience, it wasn’t Jesus!
- “Acts of God?!?
- Life was not made for this – we were created to eat from the tree of LIFE!
We were created to eat from the tree of life, dependent upon it for our daily sustenance, giving us LIFE — eternally. Dead religion turns that life pure drudgery. who wants to live forever like that?
Trusting/ knowing the Good shepherd:
v.4 he goes ahead of them, and the sheep follow him because they know his voice.
- He goes first! – nothing we experience did he NOT experience first
- His sheep know His voice! What does His voice sound like?
v.9 “I am the door; if anyone enters through Me,
Enters through me: I AM the way, the truth, and the life…
Jesus said, I AM the way, the truth, and the life – He did not say, “I will show you the way, tell you the truth, and give you eternal life.”
he will be saved,
- Saved (sozo – To save, deliver, make whole, preserve safe from danger, loss, destruction.)
and will go in and out and find pasture
- Sheep in the fold: protected from harm – must be inside for cold, especially when birthing!
- Sheep in the pasture – protected by the shepherd’s leadership sheep will eat poisonous weeds
v.14 I know my own, and my own know me
- Not only knowing Jesus – but allowing Him to know US
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | RSS