How it Ends
Good bible study – read the clear passages first, THEN read the visions, dreams, parables, etc.
What happens on the day of His return?
1 Thess 4:15-18 1. The Lord Returns 2. The dead are raised 3. Saints are “caught up”
- The Lord Returns: In the same manner that He was taken up – in the resurrected body
Acts 1:6-11 Jesus rose from the dead bodily; he will return bodily
- Clouds – same word used to describe cloud at Mt. of Transfiguration/ cloud in wilderness
As Job prophesied: Job 19:25-27
- The dead are raised and judged: The saints, never to die again; the Lost, for the 2nd death
1 Cor 15:22-26 Phil 3:20-21 John 5:28-29 Rev 20:12-15
- All the righteous receive New, glorified bodies
1 Cor 15: 42-55
Ø Like a seed which was planted, now we get to see the tree which grows from it!
- The Saints of God are “Caught Up” (“raptured”) (1 Thes. 4:17)
- Gk: harpazio – to be snatched/ taken away – does not define WHERE in itself.
- Philip was “caught up” after ministering to the eunich (Acts 8:39)
- Paul was caught up to the third heaven (2 Cor 12:2…4)
- Jesus was Caught up (Rev 12:5)
- We are Caught up to meet Him in the air (not in heaven!) 4:17 – WHY?
- The destruction of the earth’s elements 2 Peter 3:1-13
- The flood destroyed the world 6 … the world at that time was destroyed, being flooded with water.
- The fires of judgment will do the same: this is the lake of fire.
- They will Purge the world of every consequence of the curse:
- You don’t destroy something when you melt it – you melt it to re-form it
What’s “left behind?
Genesis 7:23 … only Noah was left, together with those that were with him in the ark.
13 we are looking for new heavens and a new earth, in which righteousness dwells.
- Life in the New Creation (heavens and earth) begins.
- New Jerusalem is the Church – WE are the dwelling place of God now and then
- THIS is what Jesus meant when he said, “I go to prepare a place for you…”
- It’s going to be amazing!