Hearing God’s Voice
Having confidence in hearing His voice:
- Patriarchs heard God’s without a bible
John 10:1-5 the sheep follow him because they know his voice.
Our ability to hear God’s voice is part of the package of being His people. Children know the voice of their father. If we WANT to hear His voice, WE WILL!
1 John 2:20-21…27 you have an anointing from the Holy One, and you all know…
The first key to hearing God is to abide in Him. If we can’t hear Him, it is most often because we aren’t seeking to live closely with Him.
Because we have the anointing of the anointed One who lives in us, our inner man ALWAYS knows what the will and word of God is to us. We sometimes just need to clear away some clutter in order to discern it.
- Listening to too many other voices
- Anxiety/fear/ worry
- Offense/ bitterness/ anger
- Placebos/ substitute “truths”
- Relying on others to do the hearing for us
- Podcasts, books, teaching
- Treating prophecy like fortune telling
- Not taking the time to listen patiently
- To hear what our inner man already knows often requires a hunter’s patience
- Intimacy is not a means to an end — it is the purpose of life.
- Not responding to His voice when we hear it
- Hearing God’s voice becomes clearer when we have predetermined to obey what we hear.
- Stubbornness and rebellion are hearing’s greatest obstacles.
The voice of God:
- May come through His Written Word
- Sounds/ feels like a familiar “voice” (or impression)being hugged/ a plan comes to mind
- Dreams – look for recurring themes; inquire about images meanings
- Visions (flash pictures) “Sanctified Imagination”
- Prophetic Parables/ “riddles” / unusual coincidences
- Chariots of Fire