A Matter of life or death
THERE ARE ALWAYS WEIGHTIER MATTERS THAN A PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION
Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.
- Pendulum swing: too heavy handed w/ hellfire & brimstone à too mercy and helps oriented
- “friendship evangelism” be a friend, but do not neglect the evangelism part!
- All are born with a death sentence…only those in Christ have hope of eternal life.
Romans 3:23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
Ecclesiastes 7:20 Indeed, there is not a righteous man on earth who continually does good and who never sins.
Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
How does a God of love condemn people to hell?
- It was not made for man!
Matthew 25:41 “Then He will also say to those on His left, ‘Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels;
- Now it is also for all those who joined in the rebellion
- Jesus made some clear lines in the sand:
- Hint: They are not republican or democrat; conservative or liberal; green or black…
Matthew 12:30 “He who is not with Me is against Me; and he who does not gather with Me scatters.
- Our mission is ALWAYS to work with Jesus – gathering His prodigals back home!
- EVERYTHING else is secondary… EVEN saving the United States
2 Cor 5:11-21
11 knowing the fear of the Lord, we persuade men
- We KNOW what lies on the other side of the grave! It’s truly a matter of Life or death
15 He died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves
- THAT’S US! We LIVE for the sake of the Lord, and for those still under a death sentence
if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature
- IN Christ – not merely improved by the teachings of Christ!
God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself
- GATHERING all together in Christ — building the family of God
we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were making an appeal through us; we beg you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God.
- Appealing…begging – this is the desperation of our tone!