Col 1:15-20 all the fullness dwells…
Col 1:25-27 Christ in you, the hope of Glory…
The Glory of the Old Covenant was God being revealed in what He did for His people. The glory of the New Covenant is revealing what God will do through HIs people.
“Christ in you” Christos = the Anointed One we have a living, breathing, very much alive Presence within us.
- It’s a hope because not everyone explores what this means
John 16:7 it is to your advantage that I go away
- The Holy Spirit in us Is greater than having Jesus Himself present with us!
- This is the crux of the New Covenant
John 16:12-15 He will take what is mine and disclose it to you…
The Ministry of the Holy Spirit is not to give us all we need in Christ, but to reveal what we already have in Him! By His revelation, we learn how to access the treasure trove of our inheritance in Christ
1 John 2:20-21 you have an anointing from the Holy One, and you all know
- The living, dynamic Presence we carry informs us and guides us in all things
The primary purpose of the Scriptures is not to reveal God TO us, but to reveal Christ IN us. The Word of God is alive to a believer because it confirms what our inner man already knows to be true.
1 John 2:27 abide in Him
Abide: to remain in or with someone, i.e., to be and remain united with him, one with him in heart, mind, and will
- This is the part we play – living in such a way that we remain one with Him in heart, mind and will.