Rooted and Established Part 7: The practice of community
READ TOGETHER: Eph 3:14-18- that you, being rooted and established in love…
Acts 2:42-47 THE COMMUNION OF THE SAINTS The WAY…
- Intentional, organic way of growing the kingdom in the midst of the church
The Apostles’ doctrine: Not “Jesus’” doctrine?
1 Tim 1:5 But the goal of our instruction is love from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith.
Fellowship: (koinōnia) first used here in this passage
Must be built intentionally… The ONE ANOTHERS
LOVE one another: 1 John 4:7-13
SERVE one another: Gal 5:13
BEAR one another’s burdens Gal 6:2
MINISTER to One another 1 Pet 4:10
BE HOSPITABLE 1 Pet 4:9-10
RECEIVE one another Rom 15:7 proslambano – an aggressive action: take hold of
PUT UP WITH one another Eph 4:2
SUBMIT to one another 1 Pet 5:5
ENCOURAGE each other Heb 3:12-13/ 10:24-25
CONFESS to one another James 5:16
ADMONISH one another Rom 15:14 noutheteo To warn or notify of a fault; to reprove with mildness;
…but, speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the head; Christ…(Ephesians 4:15)
Breaking of bread: This is my body…
- We together are the body, and are members of one another
- Acts 2:46 Day by day continuing with one mind in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, they were taking their meals together with gladness and sincerity of heart,
- They practiced this from house to house:
1 Corinthians 10:16-17 Is not the cup of blessing which we bless a sharing (koinōnia) in the blood of Christ? Is not the bread which we break a sharing (koinōnia) in the body of Christ? Since there is one bread, we who are many are one body; for we all partake of the one bread.
Prayers: Always calling upon the name of the Lord!
Communion in 3-5’s. Do the 4 practices together
- What did you learn?
- How will you apply it in Your life together?
- break bread together, affirming jesus’ life in on another
- Pray for one another
- then, come take cups of covenant and commit WITH jesus to live it out