The true strength of a woman
1 Peter 3:7 You husbands in the same way, live with your wives in an understanding way, as with someone weaker, since she is a woman; and show her honor as a fellow heir of the grace of life, so that your prayers will not be hindered.
- Vessel = body “Weaker” –refers to physically/ externally
1 Cor 12:22 … it is much truer that the members of the body which seem to be weaker are necessary;
Genesis 2:18 Then the LORD God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper [ezer] suitable for him.”
Psalms 70:5 But I am afflicted and needy; Hasten to me, O God! You are my help and my deliverer; O LORD, do not delay.
Psalms 121:1 A Song of Ascents. I will lift up my eyes to the mountains; From where shall my help come?
Psalms 33:20 Our soul waits for the LORD; He is our help and our shield.
- By taking eve from the inside of the man, he would see what He was on the inside. This is what women do.
1 Corinthians 11:7 For a man … is the image and glory of God; but the woman is the glory of man.
Glory – a manifestation of the greatness of something
- Once married, a wife reveals what is on the inside of her man.
- EMPOWERED WOMEN REVEAL THE GLORY OF GOD IN EVERYTHING THEY TOUCH:BARBARA BUSH
- The woman’s strength is internal – like a heart
- Women reveal the beauty and magnificence of what’s inside – that’s why it’s a tragedy when external beauty becomes their focus. They make life worth living – they reveal life’s purpose
Gen 3:13-19 The curse reflected what would now be ruined of their life experience.
- The man’s consequences was external: the ground would resist him.
- The woman’s was internal: in pain/ sorrow in bringing forth
Genesis 3:20 Now the man called his wife’s name Eve, because she was the mother of all the living. [of everything that is alive]
- Not until the promise of messiah did Adam really get it.
- Now, in redemption, the strength of a woman would come to the forefront
Eve: [chavvah] – the causative of [Chavah]: – life-giver: to tell, declare, show, make known
The idea of “mother of all life” expresses not only the ability to physically give birth, but also to create, nourish, and enhance all facets of life. This is the ability of a mother – to take something from the state of potential, develop it, and bring it to actualization through her creative abilities
Chavah can be understood as expression, revelation, or manifestation.
Psalm 19:1-2 The heavens are telling of the glory of God; And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands. Day to day pours forth speech, And night to night reveals [CHAVAH] knowledge.
A mother’s strength is to reveal what is on the inside – the mystery of life is that in her womb, a human develops from microscopic to full grown. All developed from the strength, life, sustenance and makeup of the woman.
She shapes and develops formless matter, carrying it within her until it is ready to be born. However, the mothering process does not end with physical birth, for she then continues to nurse this life, feeding and sustaining it physically, emotionally, and spiritually. She continues to nourish it throughout its life, helping to actualize its latent potential and helping this life to develop and experience its utmost expression. And by doing this, she is constantly giving birth to new levels of ability and depth of life experience, both within herself and within all those around her, earning the title “mother of all life.”