The God who heals…little by little
Psalm 23 he restores [shub] my soul… to turn/ repent/ be restored to desired state
- God restores our soul to its desired condition – giving and receiving love; living in the Kingdom Way.
2 Cor 10 – strongholds = places of enemy occupation in our heart. Fortresses built in mind.
From Abraham to Moses – land of promise occupied by demon worshippers in Israel’s absence
Joshua: [yehoshua] the Lord is salvation
- We colabor with God in conquering our strongholds, following HIS lead
Ex 23:20-33 little by little MAP
- We must learn to be patient, fully occupying every place God gives us.
- Keep working until God makes a new habit out of the old ways
Matt 12:43-45 …the last state of that man becomes worse than the first.
- Partial deliverance is worse than NO deliverance at all.
Numbers 33:55 … they will become as pricks in your eyes and as thorns in your sides, and they will trouble you in the land in which you live.
Strongholds of the Canaanites: all represent strongholds of the heart.
- Canaan = “zeal” – living with a heart fully alive
Ch1 – getting ready to cross over be strong and VERY courageous (3x v6-9)
Ch2 – spying out the land
Ch3 – crossing over Take up the ark of the covenant and cross over ahead of the people.
- Jordan – the descender – the place of dying to old and coming into new. Baptism
Ch4 – the memorial — Take up for yourselves twelve stones from here out of the middle of the Jordan
Ch5 – consecration – Gilgal – rolling away the reproach by renewing covenant (circumcision)
2 Cor 12:9-10 … for when I am weak, then I am strong.
Ch6 – Jericho “Shout! For the LORD has given you the city.
- Jericho – “Fragrance” (offering/ anointing)
Ch7 – Defeat at Ai You cannot stand before your enemies until you have removed the things under the ban
- Fled from a much weaker city…because they tolerated sin in the camp.
Ch 8 – victory over Ai 32 He wrote there on the stones a copy of the law of Moses,
Ch9 – sinful covenant …Joshua made peace with them and made a covenant with them, to let them live;
Ch 10 – conquering Jerusalem
Ch 11 — a unified front comes against them The LORD delivered them into the hand of Israel
- When we show that we are serious, there is always a last ditch effort to destroy before we occupy
Ch 12-22 – dividing the land CALEB “the sons of Anak…” 8 yrs old! Hebron (home of Abraham)
The generational inheritance (show map)