The re-incarnation of Christ
John 1:1-3…14 the Word became flesh…glory as of the only begotten from the Father:
- Jesus not made from God’s hands as Adam – He is a Spirit man.
- God scooped us from the clay of the earth – made us in His image What we have in Christ is BETTER!
1 Cor 15:45-49 the last Adam became a life-giving spirit.
The Son of God was born into the earth not just to restore what Adam had lost for us all, but to remake us into something never seen before. Our rebirth makes us spiritual beings who carry His life on the inside.
Luke 1:30-31 The angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary; for you have found favor with God. “And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bear a son, and you shall name Him Jesus.
- Mary: not just a “borrowed womb.” She conceived Jesus in her body cooperating with the power of God
- Conceive = soolambano – “to catch hold of…seizing and holding fast to someone or something”
Since the beginning, God has sought to bring His presence and purposes through willing “wombs.” When His life truly becomes implanted into ours, we become carriers of a fresh incarnation of the Son of God into the earth
Gal 2:20 (Passion)
My old identity has been co-crucified with Messiah and no longer lives, for the nails of His cross crucified me with him. // And now the essence of this new life is no longer mine, for the anointed one lives his life through me – we live in Union as one! // My new life is empowered by the faith of the Son of God who loves me so much that he gave himself for me, and dispenses his life into mine.
- The Christian Life is nothing more than permitting Christ’s life to conform ours back to His image
Galatians 4:19 My children, with whom I am again in labor until Christ is formed in you
a child, before birthed, can only be seen because of the impact it has on its mother while growing in her womb.
- At first – just feel funny – morning sickness, craving new foods, feel tired, things you once liked now make you nauseous – but you are glowing! And your body is accommodating new life
- Then you start showing – clothes aren’t fitting right, people begin to wonder (but don’t ask)
- Then you feel it kicking inside – no denying it now. You are great with child
When a child is fully formed in its mother’s womb it must be birthed, or its life is in danger. What once was the only safe place for it to grow will become toxic if it does not find a way out.
If you’ve never birthed anything in the Spirit – perhaps it is time to spend some time with your heavenly husband…we “know how this happens…”